Wednesday, October 15, 2008

last breath

thanks everyone for your kind words.

Leafty’s peaceful passing at home is a real consolation to us but brings back a lot of guilty feelings towards the passing of Bobby. in their mindless attempt to save him, he was put through a lot of treatments at the hospital and the worse part was that he died there alone in the middle of the night, before the man and woman could get to the hospital.

animals don’t know the good intentions of hospitals and drips, they only know if you are there with them or you are not.

when the woman finally got to the hospital to see his lifeless body, his tortured expression haunts her to this day. We know he is in a better place now, waiting happily and patiently for the reunion of the family. but on his last breath on earth, he must have been thinking, “where are all of you?”

4 comments:

KXBC said...

That is always the dilema of leaving them in the vet overnight when they are really sick. You'll never know if they'll survive the night and pass away without us by their side.

But on the other hand, we don't have the medical facilities at home and they won't have a fighting chance should they take a turn for the worse in the middle of the night. Of course at the vet, they are also all alone with no medical staff on duty.

It's a lose-lose game. We can only hope they will pull through the long nights.

CynnedCynner said...

Hi, my condolences, my mom don allow my family to have furry pets, so me and my sister cat sit for friends and families. If you need help just ask us to help!

Don't talk about payment, we just want to be around cats.

cynnedcynner@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

It is also possible that Bobby does not want you to see him go. My KK was very ill and her vet told me she was prolonging her time. I was in the hospital with her for 32hrs and she chose to go when I went home to freshen up. Before the vet called me, I knew she had left me.

Moglee

animalfamily said...

yeah, we do our best, that's all we can do

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online