Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Maneki left us on 11 Oct 2005 3.20pm

she took a turn for the worse the next day. even with the heat pads and oxygen tank, she couldnt breathe and couldnt get her temperature up.

when we arrived at the hospital, she knew right away, made her tiny squeaking sound and tried to get up to greet us. she couldn't and slumped back down. as i stroked her, all she could do was answer me with a tail wag. it kept wagging as i stroked and spoke to her.

the vet told us it was time to let her go because she was in a lot of pain. the only things keeping her alive was the drip and the oxygen tank. it is with much anguish that we could accept that such a precious creature could not stay with us longer. we were supposed to take her home today! and it hasn't even been a year that we have had the joy of knowing her.

but she shouldnt have to suffer needlessly. goodbye my maneki, i love you so much.

In Memory of Maneki Neko


10 comments:

soulmining said...

maneki the cat
loved by her new family
we won't forget you

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you today.

Anonymous said...

maneki, u are one amazing little feline.. may u be free of pain and suffering now.. deeply saddened by her departure.. to maneki's mom&dad, my deepest condolences to u both.. - furrypaws

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear you lost Maneki. I know how devastating it is to lose a cat and words really are inadequate at a time like this. Please take care.

Anonymous said...

Maneki, may you have a better life over the Rainbow Bridge. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I read about maneki's passing 2 days ago but could not write any message cos I was tearing and sniffing, missing her. Plus I forgot my password.

You're in good hands now maneki. Hope my tomcat Angel Busuk meet you at the rainbow bridge.

I miss you...god bless you.

Anonymous said...

Farewell Friend, yet not farewell.
where I go, ye too, shall dwell.
I am gone, before your face,
a moments time a little space.
when ye have gone where I have stepped,
ye will wonder, why ye wept.

Anonymous said...

Farewell Maneki. You have eternal unconditional love from your mum & dad. Now, enjoy your eternal peace. Blackcat.

Singapore Community Cat said...

Maneki had made a very loving connection with you and this bond will continue into a happy reunion again in a future time. Love is never lost.

Lumina said...

I am sorry to hear of your loss... My condolences! A very sad day, to have such a beautiful cat like Maneki, gone.

Maizzy

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear you loss. I came across this blog a month ago and loved it because we too have a large animal family (3 cats, 3 ferrets, 2 turtles and a dog). I thought this blog was the cutest thing and decided today to see what was happening with the animal family sice I hadn't had a chance to check back since the first time I saw it. The sad story of Maneki has me crying and remembering all the pets I have lost. Only a true animal lover can understand what you are going though and I do. I know no words can help so I will just say again that I am so sorry.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online